November 9, 2016

Beauty Review// YSL Lip Products


You could say I have a little YSL lipstick obsession. The YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks are my absolute favorite lippies. They are the only lipsticks I've found that don't dry my lips, are ever-so pigmented, fade evenly to leave a light stain, and feel so comfortable like you're wearing nothing at all. I love how I can just lightly swipe on a bit of color and it'll stain my lips all day...without causing my them to peel. The formulas are a dream on your lips - pigmented, light, non-drying, and have such longevity. I'm not a fan of scented lip products, but I don't mind the fruity scent/ flavor in YSL.

I also enjoy their Rouge Volupte lipstick, although, this is a thinner formula and seems to fade more quickly than the Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks. Their glossy stains are also a nice addition for some shine, but I would say the all stars here are their Rouge Pur Couture line.

The lip products I own and love are listed below. No swatches here, but there are lots of swatches from other bloggers online, so definitely check them out!

  • Rouge Pur Couture 01 - Le Rouge - blood red (satin finish)
  • Rouge Pur Couture 07 - Le Fuchsia - pure saturated fuchsia (satin finish)
  • Rouge Pur Couture 13 - Le Orange - bright orange (satin finish)
  • Rouge Pur Couture 20 - Rouge Enamel (satin finish) - I wasn't able to find this color anywhere, so I think it is now discontinued.
  • Rouge Pur Couture The Mats 203 - Rouge Rock - matte rich red (matte finish)
  • Rouge Volupte 12 - Forbidden Burgundy - I wasn't able to find this color anywhere, so I think it is now discontinued.
  • Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain 9 - Rouge Lacque
  • Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain 11 - Rouge Gouache

You can find the YSL lip products at my favorite retailer - Sephora.


My final thoughts are on this beautiful Volupte Tint-in-Oil (Red My Lips 15). The color and finish are so gorgeous...and I was so sad to return it. My main issue is that this actually dried out my lips when it should have moisturized them with all the oil. The color is so perfect - it looks like I've just eaten several strawberries with such a luscious shine. However, my lips soon became very dry and even my throat dried out from this gloss (from some of the gloss that I inadvertently licked).

Have you tried these? I truly believe these lipsticks (not the oil tints) are worth the price. They are that good!

Here I'm wearing Rouge Pur Couture in 20 (Rouge Enamel)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Michelle Belle Loves. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig