August 24, 2016

Kate Middleton // Fall Style Inspiration

If you couldn't already tell, I'm so excited for apple picking season and everything that it entails - apple cinnamon flavors & scents, pumpkin spice - candles and baked goods, riding boots, scarves, and beautiful red, orange, and yellow leaves! I know everyone says California doesn't have seasons, but my parent's neighborhood has some incredible fall foliage - at times the leaves look so picturesque.

Since I can't contain my excitement for autumn, which is just around the corner (it's already feeling like fall in San Francisco), I am mentally preparing for all the cute outfits I will be wearing. I thought I would share some of my all-time favorite fall pieces...and honestly, I wear most of these year round since commuting and working in SF can be very chilly...especially in the summer! And of course, I'm always so inspired by Kate Middleton's effortless and simple but always elegant looks. These are my fall staples inspired by the ever graceful and beautiful Kate Middleton.

1) Barbour Jackets

I first discovered Barbour in Nantucket while shopping with my sister. We were in the cutest New England shop that had a wide selection of the brand. To my sister's disbelief - I had never heard of this brand or their jackets before...so, of course, she had to fill me in and even exclaimed the jacket she was wearing on our trip was Barbour! I currently own 2 pairs and feel that they match with almost everything. I would love to purchase more Barbour jackets, I just need to save up for them as they are quite expensive, but I see them as an investment as they will last for years and years to come.

Waxed Cotton Morris Utility Jacket - I was fortunate enough to purchase their limited edition Morris print while in Nantucket. Side note, Nantucket is the cutest and most picturesque New England coastal island! Will have to do a post about Nantucket very soon.


2) Le Chameau Rain Boots

I don't have Kate's exact pair that she's wearing in the photo, but I will say the pair I have endured quite a bit! I wore them to freezing-cold Iceland and they held up through lots of ice, slush, and snow...but I definitely wore these rain boots with a thick pair of socks to keep my toes from freezing. I've also worn them in NY winter-weather, so I'm confident in saying they will keep your feet nice and dry while being extremely cute! I own a pair of Hunter's which are very cute as well, but not as comfortable or light as the Le Chameau's.


3) Plaid - in all forms

This deep hunter green plaid outfit is just gorgeous. I would love this print in a long sleeve shirt! Plaid always reminds me of Scotland :) For now, I'm patiently waiting for my plaid blanket scarf from Shein. This is the first time I've ordered from this site, so I'm a bit nervous, but have read great reviews and seen cute photos of the scarf online.



4) Fitted Coat

We all need an elegant yet warm fitted coat. J.Crew makes the perfect coat for petite gals. This coat pairs perfectly with jeans or a dress. Of course, I have to attribute this amazing find to my sister once again. She's always on top of all the latest styles and trends living on the east coast.

I got mine on a super awesome sale last year (it was pretty much 50% off) in navy with Thinsulate to keep me extra warm! The vintage champagne color is what I want next, which my sister already owns!

What are you looking forward to this fall? Xo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Michelle Belle Loves. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig