November 20, 2011

excited for my birthday!

yay! it's almost my birthday and i'm actually really excited :) celebrating my birthday has never truly been an exciting time for me...mainly b/c my birthday always fell right before finals as a kid/student. then when i graduated college and started working, i thought i had made it through the "woods" and could finally enjoy my birthday...but then i started working in finance...and for those of you who work in finance you know what i mean when i say "month end revenue close"- you ain't going anywhere, anytime soon that first week of the month, haha. i also met a boy soon after i graduated college, and suffice to say we had our crazy-rollercoaster-4 yr-on/off-relationship, which was spent most times than not fighting around my birthday...so yeah...let's just say i'm super excited for this year's celebration :)

i'm going to visit my sister in boston!! i can't wait to see boston in all its christmas glory :D the past 8 years that i've been visiting my sister in boston, i've never made my way there during christmas time. AND now since i don't work in finance, i can take a few days off for my birthday to celebrate!!! i've been so obsessed with picking out my birthday outfit...yes, i was up until 6:30 am making online purchases last night/ this morning hahaha...i can't help it! i've got a couple of bday dress outfits picked out/ ordered...1) pink, fluffy, cupcake, princess-y betsey johnson dress :) or 2) magenta/ fuchsia bandage dress from modcloth.com...honestly, i think i'm going to wear the fluffy betsey dress...i can't help but wanting to feel like a princess for my birthday :)

pretty little betsey dresses i'll be bringing with me to boston :) and of course i'll be wearing my warm down parka over these! boston winters can be brutal!


(image from pixel and hank
bought these cute pink, glitter bow shoe clips from etsy!!! cannot wait to pair them with my olsenboye glitter heels! have i told you how much i love ETSY??? haha love shopping on this site and buying from some of the most creative and talented people out there!

 whole outfit paired with this tiara? ;) haha i'm such a dork!

soooo excited for the upcoming thanksgiving break! can't wait to read elizabeth gaskell's novels during thanksgiving and my mini birthday vacay!! also, after watching alex from HRH collection, i couldn't help but pick up a planner..and for me it had to be hot pink! i've always been a list maker and just used scraps of paper, but now, i'm attempting to be a little more grown up and use a day planner :) and this planner of course doesn't replace my work blackberry outlook calendar...i live by that calendar! 

...and lastly, fake lashes. i love the look of falsies but am too lazy to apply them. saw these in the beauty supply store (with the animal print make-up bag which i'm loving next to the hot pink btw) and grabbed them up! i've honestly only worn fake lashes 2 times in my life (college graduation and one halloween). i think these will be fun for my birthday night out :)

hope you had a relaxing weekend :) for those of you in the US...yay for a short week!
can't wait for thanksgiving :)

xoxo
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Thanks so much for the note--and it looks like you'll be (or you already did) celebrate a birthday too!!! Cheers to another fantastic year! And always... great post!

    xx
    Kate
    http://the-permanent-tourist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. And P.S. I wore lashes on my birthday too--they are a MUST! They will look fabulous on you!!

    ReplyDelete

© Michelle Belle Loves. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig